When I saw this weeks Ten on Tuesday topic, I was like a 2nd grader sitting stick-straight in her desk, hand overhead, frenetically waving “Me! Me! Pick me!!!!” Having just returned from a 3-month working trip (not a vacation, but lots of opportunities for fun nonetheless), this topic will be easy-peasy for me. 🙂 Here goes.
1. Sitting on my couch, cuddling Dazey (my dog).
2. Waking up in the middle of the night in need of something other than water to drink and being able to walk into my kitchen in my pajamas to get a glass of ice-cold juice from my refrigerator.
3. Sitting down to watch TV and picking up a remote that I can operate almost in my sleep, being able to easily scroll through my favorite channels, and being able to pause a program any time I want to go grab a snack or use the ladies’ room because I have a DVR (I think that’s what it’s called). I realize that’s 3 things, but they’re all tv and tv-remote related, so . . .
4. Eating 3 meals a day at home.
5. Sleeping in my own bed on my own wonderful mattress.
6. Sitting in my metal glider on my front porch with a glass of iced tea, waving at my neighbors and watching people going about their business in my planned community.
7. Being able to work on any of my various projects as the mood strikes me when I have some free time.
8. Watching the St. Louis Cardinals on television.
9. Walking around inside barefooted (ever since I read an article about all the stuff found in hotel room carpeting even with daily vacuuming, I wear slippers or something when staying somewhere else).
10. Being back in my routines after a break from them.