From the time I was able to put pencil to paper, I’ve been a list-maker; in fact, I’ve been known to make lists of lists I need to create! As a result, I’m excited to participate this year in Moorea Seal’s 52 Lists Project; look for my list every Monday.
List 13: List the things that always cheer you up.
- being with my son and/or daughter
- being with friends — just chatting, enjoying a meal or a cup of coffee, knitting and chatting sporadically . . . it doesn’t really matter what we’re doing
- being needed by one of my adult-kids — those calls asking “Mom, what do you think of . . . “; they may be grown-up and out on their own, but getting called about a home-remodeling project or something along those lines and being included in their lives means so much to me
- letters — real letters, pulled out of my mailbox to be read while sipping a cup of hot tea or a tall glass of ice-cold sweet tea
- watching the SEMO Redhawks or the Capahas play in Capaha Park
- watching people dance
- dancing — oh, how I wish I had the opportunity to do that more often and that I could line dance
- reading a great book . . . or even a good book — and there are so many of them out there
- listening to music from my high school and college days
- being invited to lunch or to go shopping or out on an excursion of some kind