From the time I was able to put pencil to paper, I’ve been a list-maker; in fact, I’ve been known to make lists of lists I need to create! So when I first heard of Moorea Seal’s 52 Lists Project, I was intrigued and rushed to check it out. I paged through the book and knew I wanted to participate in 2017. To that end, every Sunday I will post my own list for that week’s topic. Note: I was out of town and without internet service on January 8, so I’m posting this list a week late.
List 2: List your favorite characters from books, movies, etc.
1. Sheldon Cooper — the theoretical physicist and king of social awkwardness on The Big Bang Theory
2. Katherine Mary Flannigan — the spunky, inspiring protagonist of Mrs. Mike by Benedict and Nancy Freedman
3. Salem Grimes — the earnest, bumbling, totally-unique heroine of Kim Hunt Harris’ “Trailer Park Princess” series
4. Sherlock Holmes — as portrayed in *both* the BBC’s Sherlock and CBS’ Elementary — I know, I know . . . supposedly there’s some huge internet controversy over which Sherlock is the best. People get quite heated while defending their preferred version of the famous detective, but I like them both!
5. Ove — the socially-awkward and well-meaning protagonist in A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
6. Anne Shirley — the spunky red-haired orphan from “Anne of Green Gables” book series
7. Izzy Spellman — the complicated and quirky private detective in Lisa Lutz’ “Spellman Family” series
8. Winston Valentine — the delightful patriarch of the Valentine family in Curtiss Ann Matlock’s “Valentine” book series